It’s finally here! After many people asking where the root method is for the Sprint LG G3 or any other U.S LG G3 variant it finally came out thanks to IOMonster and the team! Root allows you to get “admin” access to your phone. Without being rooted you are extremely limited, even with an Android phone.
Root will allow you to install custom ROMS like Cyanogenmod, AOKP, Paranoid Android, and many other ROMS. You can also use root apps like Titanium Backup that allows you to backup and restore your app + app data, I use this app every time I get a new phone!
Follow the simple guide below to root your Sprint LS990 or any other U.S LG G3 variant!
Need video tutorial how to root your LG G3 —> Watch here
1. Go into Settings > Security > and check mark “Unknown sources”.
2. Download Stump-v1.0.0.apk to your phone using the link below.
Size : 8 MB
3. Install “Stump-v1.0.0.apk” by tapping on it. You can install a file manager app from the Play Store to find it. If you downloaded the apk directly to your phone it will be located in your “Download” folder.
4. Open up the installed Stump app and tap on “Grind”.
5. When it says “Reboot to root”, reboot your phone.
6. Download and install SuperSU from the Play Store using the link below.
Super SU v.46.apk size 6 MB
7. Open up the SuperSU app and update anything with “Normal” if asked.
8. Congrats, your LG G3 is now completely rooted. Enjoying flashing ROMS, using root apps, and using your LG G3 to its fullest!