If your device already received Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update, would very likely the system will work even harder than before, for that some users choose to go back to root the device according to the user’s own optimization, even with the full risk. Yes, that is so. The smart phone must be accompanied by smart user. not monotonous with stock manufacturer
Well, Before starting to following this guide i must warm you that rooting device have some risk, losing data because accident delete, warranty void, tripping KNOX and the most biggest risk is brick your Samsung Galaxy A5. So please very consider before starting to following this guide.
Do with your own risk, be a smart user.
Preparation stage :
Download files needed :
- Samsung USB Driver ↦ Usb driver for Samsung device, if you already installed KIES on your computer than this download can be ignore.
- Odin3 v3.09 ↦ Odin than can be use to flash root application and binary SU to your device, recommended to use this version only.
- TWRP_126.96.36.199_A500FU_ODIN.tar.md5 ↦ TWRP for Samsung ganlaxy A5 ( A500FU ) running on Lollipop or KitKat.
- TWRP_188.8.131.52_LL_ODIN.tar.md5.gz ↦ TWRP for Samsung ganlaxy A5 ( A500F, , A500M, A500G, A5000 ) running on Lollipop 5.0.2 only.
- TWRP_184.108.40.206_A500_KK_ODIN.tar.md5.gz ↦ TWRP for Samsung ganlaxy A5 ( A500F, A500H, A500M, A500G, A5000 ) running KitKat 4.4 only
- UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip ↦ for rooting your device
- Download all required files to your computer, meanwhile enable the enable the USB Debugging on your device ↦ go to Settings ↦ Developer Options ↦ enable the USB Debugging options ( If you cannot see the Developer Options then go to About Phone and then tap 7x on Build Number)
- Save into sdcard UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
- Install Samsung USB Driver on your computer and make sure it completely work.
- Extract Odin and TWRP on the same folder
- Run Odin3 v1.85.exe, and leave it open on your desktop.
- Now turn off your device, after completely turn off press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button until you can see Warning Sign
- On Download Mode windows press Volume Up and then connect your device to computer.
- If Samsung USB Driver already install right on your computer then Odin3 v1.85.exe will recognize your device as another COM Port.
- Now press the PDA button, select on TWRP File and then press Start button below, process usually take 20-30 seconds to finish and will be mark with GREEN PASS message on the odin
- Done, now you can disconnect your device.
- re-turn off your device, go into recovery mode, install UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip ( NO WIPE )
- Reboot now, done.
to confirm that your already successful rooted install root checker from Google Play Store. Congratulations, You already success Root and installing TWRP recovery Samsung Galaxy A5 using Odin method, please leave comments if you found problems or any broken links. Thank You 🙂