How To Upgrade Lenovo A7000 To Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Using SP-Flashtool or OTA-Updates
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. ( Do With Your Own Risk )
- A7000-a_M_S223_160405_ROW.zip ↦ full firmware for SP Flashtool
- A7000-a_S153_151127_ROW_TO_A7000-a_S223_160405_ROW_WC814D6764.zip ↦ full OTA-updates
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, the driver will be auto installer. or if you want manual install visit to My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
SP Flash Tool Latest Version ↦ Flash tool for flashing ROM images to your device, this already include on ROM download but in case there problem you can download on this link.
Instructions : Installation of the OTA-Updates
Download : A7000-a_S153_151127_ROW_TO_A7000-a_S223_160405_ROW_WC814D6764.zip
1. Your device will be updated to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
2. In this update, change the logic with a MicroSD card.
If MICROSD card use as the default memory in the current version of Android, a part of the transferred data on the memory card may not be available after this update. It is recommended to make a backup copy of important data stored on a memory card and on your device to your PC or cloud storage.
3. The update process takes a lot of time and the device can be restarted several times. Before you upgrade the device to charge the battery. In vrmemya updates may display a blank screen. Please wait until the process is finished and turn off the device.
Instructions : Installation firmware using Sp-Flashtool
- Download all required files above, and store it on your computer. This is using flash tool method so please make sure that USB VCOM driver already successful installed before continued to the next step.
- Extract A7000-a_M_S223_160405_ROW.zip
- Go to flash_tool folder and run flash_tool.exe if you are running windows 7 or above please run this program using administrator privilege to avoid any permission error while flashing.
- On the flash tool please check DA DL All with Checksum option, this is the first option that need to be change and don’t forget to check this option. Click on Scatter-Loading button and point it to target_bin and select MT6752_Android_scatter_emmc.txt this action will automatically load all images files to flash tool.
- When everything set up, Turn off your device then unplug usb cable and battery.
- now you can click Download button or hit F9.
- re-insert battery and reconnect usb cable to computer. Flash tool will initialize the ROM file and after a few minutes it become stand by and ready to make connection with your device. (When you got flash tool error 8038 when connect your device, then please try click firmware↦upgrade button)
- Flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, the process will take 5-6 minutes, it will show progress bar on the bottom of flash tool. When finish it will show GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool.
- Done, now you can disconnect your device. Turn on your device, first booting will take 3-4 minutes to finish so please be patient. When on the home screen go to Dialer and dial ####682# this will show country option, select your country code and press submit. Device will reboot to recovery mode to apply country code.
- When boot and on home screen, go to Dialer and dial ####8888#, this is will do factory reset on your device. (will remove all data on device, built in storage)
- Done, Just boot to your home screen and confirm firmware Build Number and make sure is same as ROM downloaded.