On this occasion we will learn how flashing / Software updates using KDZ_Updater_tools to fix System LG Android Smartphone problematic or broken, or we are familiar with the term Boot-Loop / Soft-brick “Only stay on LG Logo” and Hard -brick or total dead but the drivers still able to connect to a computer, and we are sure this is not a problem with the hardware. Usually caused by a virus attack, failed Rooting / installing fonts / Boot-animation, install ROM / Firmware wrong or crash in one application system or part of a system.
Tutorial with video : Watch here
Things that need to be prepared :
- Windows PC
- USB Cable
- Download LG Phone / Tablet Stock Rom (Firmware)
- Download All-LG-MobileDriver.zip
- Download LG Verizon devices Drivers (Verizon Only)
- Download KDZ_Updater.zip for PC Window OS
- Download LG Phone Flashing tools – LG_Flash_Tool_2014.zip
- Download Setup_LGFlashTool_188.8.131.523.exe
- Download MegaLock.dll
- Check your LG Mobile Phone “model number & Suffix” on the battery and than Download your LG Phone or Tablet Stock Rom Firmware .KDZ files
Notes : If your firmware is .CAB, you need to convert .CAB to .KDZ files
- Extracts KDZ_Updater.zip and pen UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe
- Wait for the program to open
- Look for “Encrypt cab file to kdz file”
- Click the folder icon
- Choose the location of the .cab you downloaded for your firmware
- Encrypt cab -> kdz Program will freeze up. DO NOT EXIT until program shows the location of the new file!!! Otherwise it won’t finish converting.
- Close program.
Or would it work if you took it a step further and converted the .KDZ file obtained using the above method into a .TOT file using the LGExtract tool from here and then flashing the .TOT file with LGFlashTool using the .DLL for the F3 ? I know LGFlashTool works with .TOT files because I used it to downgrade my LG so I could root after accepting an OTA update.
FIRST PROBLEM : If only bootloop or stuck on logo
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily remove all apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
To turn on safe mode and use it to fix app problems, follow these steps:
- From any screen, press and hold the Power key.
- Touch and hold Power off.
- Review the ‘Reboot to safe mode’ screen, and then tap OK.
Note: The device will restart and ‘Safe mode’ appears in the lower-left corner.
- Uninstall any third-party apps that gave you problems.
To turn off safe mode, follow these steps:
- From any screen, press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Power off and restart.
- Tap OK.
SECOND PROBLEM : if devices experience hard bricked because error installing rom or firmware and you can not go into recovery mode.
Normal Flash : Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error. Beware of boot loop when flashing ROM that differ from current ROM on your phone or MOD ROM.
CSE Flash : Choose this option when you need a fresh format. All data will be gone. It’s suitable for upgrading or downgrading ROM or simply use this when you need to back to Stock.
1. Flashing using LG KDZ Updater
- Double click to Install LG Driver on your PC
- Unpack / Extracts KDZ_Updater.zip
- Open folder /KDZ_Updater/KDZ_FW_UPD_EN/ double click to Install MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (msxml.msi)
- Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
- Set on Type=3GQCT and PhoneMode=DIAG
- Click folder logo on KDZ file and select .KDZ Stock rom / Firmware your downloaded ( To example my firmware is V10k_00.kdz for LG P700)
- Turn off your LG Smartphone
- Connect your LG Smartphone to PC using USB Cable, the driver will auto installing on PC
- Click LaunchSoftwareUpdates, KDZ_Updater_tools will auto unpacking firmware, your phone will open to Emergency mode automatically, and than update process started. wait until process is complete.
2. Flashing using LG FlashTool
- Install LG Flash Tool and LG Driver.
- Turn off devices to enter download mode, make sure the battery state at power 60% ~ 70%.
- Press the Volume Up (+) and Volume Down (-) and then connect your LG to Computer, so it will appear download mode on the LG screen.
- Run LG Flash Tool now, at [Select KDZ file] –> select the .kdz firmware has been downloaded. Then you can choose Normal Flash for Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error. Beware of boot loop when flashing rom that differ from current rom on your phone or Mod rom, or select CSE Flash if you want to downgrade or update aka LG factory reset and all data will be lost.
- Select Start to begin the flashing process
- No need to choose desired language, it automatically change to English as a default setting.
- Wait until the update process is complete, make sure the cable not disconnected from PC when the update process, to avoid things that are not desirable. If bootloop after the update, choose CSE Flash not to Normal Flash.
3. Flashing using LG FlashTools V1.8
Recover or return to the stock firmware AT & T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, & a The few International TOT`s that are available.
- Download both stock firmware (Image & DLL File), you must be extracting TOT File if files compressed in .zip
- Install Setup_LGFlashTool_184.108.40.2063.exe
- Install LG driver
- Copy & Paste MegaLock.dll File Into C:/LG/LGFlashTool/…HERE…
- Launch LG Flash Tool., Tick Select Manual Mode and Select Dll File &Tot File.
- Select Manual Mode, than click the DLL Box and choose the DLL file from Above meant for your device
- Now, Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with the .tot extension, Then Click OK when done.
- Click the Yellow Arrow Button at the top left, The Firmware install will be triggered
- Press Download Button, Now Port1 Shows (COM41)
- Connect your LG to PC by Pressing Volume Up & Connect The USB Cable (you can see driver installation)
- Go to Device Manager > Ports > Right Click On LGE Mobile USB Serial Port > Properties “Select Port Settings > Advanced”, and than Change COM Port Number COM25 to COM41 & click OK.
- Start Flash now
- Done. Enjoy it 🙂
- If you cannot run LG FlashTool, please install Visual C++ Runtime Library –> Download VC_reditinstaller
- 99% of the time FlashTool will FAIL after 85% anything after 85% is just your phone rebooting so your safe.
- Manual Getting into Emergency Mode (Download Mode)
From powered off,
Hold volume up and down and plug in USB.
and Select PhoneMode=EMERGENCY MODE on KDZ_Updater tool (To get out of e-mode, hold power button for 10 seconds, or pull battery.) PLEASE DO NOT DO WHILE FLASHING.
More guides for flash firmware any android devices –> Read Here
Credits to : hyelton, quangnhut123 @XDA-Developer , habeebkambrath @Gsm-Forum and all android developer.