Many Samsung user don’t know how to installation firmware for her smartphone, i think this is something that needs to be known by every user, if at one day their phones there was a problem, such as could not get into the Home screen / Boot loop, stuck on logo, can not return to the factory mode or even damaged partition so that the phone they have hardbrick. As in my experience in 2008 of still using Samsung Galaxy Young S5360, at that time I was profoundly ignorant about the android, or can call blind or newbie. I just resigned to Samsung service center, but because of the warranty period is over, Samsung SC gives a fairly expensive repair rates up to 1/4 of the new price of my phone. hmmmm depressing. and i intention undo and try to find solutions through internet. turns out it seems so easy, It did not take long my android phone alive again 🙂
Well, turned away from my experiences, I hope here we all can be a Own Android Service Center. Follow the step-by-step guide below to get started!
How to installation firmware using ODIN on Any Samsung device
This guide for educational purpose only, I am not responsible if your device increasingly problematic after following this tutorial. (Do With Your Own Risk )
Preparation stages :
Download all files of below :
- Download Your Original Stock Rom ↦ usually, consists of a PDA, AP, Modem, Phone, CP, BL, Bootloader, and CSC file depends on the type of your samsung.
- Download Samsung USB Driver.zip ↦ Usb driver for all Samsung device, if you already installed KIES on your computer than this download can be ignore.
- Download Odin3 Latest version the Samsung Android Flashing tools↦ this is a latest version of Odin3 tool flasher for update firmware your Samsung devices
Starting installation process :
Tutorial with video watch here
- Install Samsung USB Driver on your computer and make sure it completely work.
- Run Odin3.exe, and leave it open on your desktop.
- Now turn off your device, after completely turn off press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button until you can see Warning Sign. see simulations below….
- On Download Mode windows press Volume Up and then connect your device to computer.
- If Samsung USB Driver already install right on your computer then Odin3 will recognize your device as another COM Port.
- Next, check the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options in Odin Tool. Note : DO NOT PUT .PIT FILE AND DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT TICK REPARTITION.
- If your ROM is a single .tar.md5 package click on the AP/PDA button and browse to the .tar or .tar.md5 file that you extracted in step 1 and select it.
- If the package has more than one .tar archive then they will be labelled with PDA/Code, Phone/Modem and CSC. Just put them in the corresponding section of Odin like below
BL = Bootloader
AP = PDA (CODE)
CP = PHONE (MODEM)
CSC = CSC
- Finally press the start button to begin flashing the firmware update on your device.
- Done, now you can disconnect your device.
Please leave comments if you found problems or any broken links. Thank You 🙂