This guides for Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 (SM-J510H) user and for educational purpose only, Boycracked not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. ( Do With Your Own Risk )
Download files needed :
- TWRP_3.0.2_SM_J510H.tar ↦ Download Here
- Samsung USB Driver ↦ Download Here
- SuperSU_PRO_v2.74.zip ↦ Download Here
- Odin3_v3.10.7.zip ↦ Download Here
Installing TWRP Recovery v3.0.2 on Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 (SM-J510H)
- Download all required files to your computer, then enable the USB Debugging on your device ↦ go to Settings ↦ Developer Options ↦ enable the USB Debugging options, and Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable OEM unlocking ( If you cannot see the Developer Options then go to About Phone and then tap 7x on Settings/About Phone/Build Number) or you can auto go into develover option using Depelover-Options.apk –> Download here
- Install Samsung USB Driver on your computer and make sure it completely work.
- Save SuperSU_PRO_v2.74.zip into SDcard phone
- Extract, install and Run Odin3_v3.10.7.exe on PC
- Now turn off your device, after completely turn off press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button until you can see Warning Sign
- at Download Mode, press Volume Up then connect your device to computer using USB Cable
- If Samsung USB Driver already install fine on your computer then Odin3 will recognize your device as another COM Port.
- Now press the PDA/AP button, select TWRP_3.0.2_SM_J510H.tar and then press Start button below, process usually take 20-30 seconds to finish and will be mark with GREEN PASS message on the odin
- Done, now you can disconnect your device.
Rooting Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 (SM-J510H)
- re-turn off your device, go into TWRP recovery mode ( PRESS Operates simultaneously Volume Up + Home + Power button)
- on TWRP recovery, select Install zip, and then install SuperSU_PRO_v2.74.zip ( NO WIPE )
- Reboot now, Enjoy it
to confirm that your already successful rooted install root checker from Google Play Store.
Congratulations, You already success Root and installing TWRP 3.0.2 Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 (SM-J510H) using Odin methods, please leave comments if you found problems or any broken links. Thank You