Installing Xiaomi Firmware Using MiFlash Tool
On this occasion we will learn how to install rom xiaomi via PC using MIFLASH tool or Official Xiaomi Flashing tool. Usually this way is used if we want to update or downgrade firmware, it can even be used to unbrick if it can not enter recovery mode and device stuck in logos or can not enter Homescreen.
- If you fail to install the rom using the MIFLASH Tool, try with the ADB fastboot method [Read Here], this lets you install one by one .img .bin partition from the xiaomi firmware.
- For Xiaomi Devices using Mediatek “MTK” chipset, you can try update firmware using SP-Flashtool China phones tool [ Here ] for unbricking
- For Xiaomi Devices using Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset, you can try update firmware using Qfil / QPSTools [ Here ] for unbricking
This guide for educational purpose only, Boycracked.com not responsible if your Xiaomi bricked after updates firmware or following our tutorial. ( Do With Your Own Risk )
- PC / Laptop window OS
- USB cable
- Fully charge battery minimal 60%, To avoid failure of flashing process.
- Download and unpack Your stock firmware with extension .tgz (Not flashable .zip)
- Download and install -> Latest Version of MiFlash on PC
- Download and install -> Driver on PC
- Maybe your PC/Laptop required Disable driver signature enforcement:
– Windows 7 : http://boycracked.com/2016/02/07/how-to-disable-digital-signature-in-windows-7/
– Windows 8 / 10 : http://boycracked.com/2016/02/07/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8-1-or-10/
Start the flashing process with fastboot / Emergency mode
- Please check if the ROM file suffix is ‘.tgz’. If it is ‘.gz’, please rename it to ‘.tgz’
- Open Mi Flash Tool, Then click the SELECT button and highlight it to the rom folder you extracted before, and click OK.
- At the bottom right of the Mi Flash Tool -> click on the dropdown menu. Choose flash type you want.flash_all_except_data_storage.bat = Installing firmware without remove internal memory (Recommended)
Flash_all.bat = Install firmware and All system data, internal memory will removed
flash_all_lock.bat = Install firmware and All system data, internal memory will removed, Then your device will be locked bootloader again
- Turn off Your Xiaomi Device.
- Press the Volume down and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode.
- Connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, Click REFRESH button on MIFLASH To detect the xiaomi device connected to the computer. Then press FLASH Button to starting installation ROM / firmware.
- Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version. enjoy 🙂