Sony Flashtool is a PC software used to flashing Xperia devices. In addition Sony Flashtool is also used to modify your Xperia device. For example unlocking bootloader, flashing the kernel, etc. On this occasion I will share a tutorial as how to install Flashtool on Windows and Linux. Check out his tutorial below.
How to install Sony Flashtool in PC/Laptop/Notebook Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
- Download Sony FlashTool by Androxyde for Windows OS 7/XP/Vista -> Here
- Once in the download install the software. Just install it like a software in general.
- After the Flashtool is installed. Open Explorer Drive C:\Flashtool\driver \Flashtool driver. Please install the existing Sony Ericson Xperia USB drivers in the folder.
- Choose the driver according to the device you use. If you feel hesitant with your device driver. Just check all then install. Just wait. The installation time depends on how many drivers you have installed. If there is a confirmation pop up from Windows security appears on your PC screen. Just select “Install” and “install this driver anyway “.
- If it is finished then you can already use Flashtool as its function.
How to install Sony Flashtool in Windows OS 8 / 10 & Mac OS
The way the installation of Sony Flashtool in Windows 8 and Windows 10 is somewhat different. The difference lies in the driver installation. In order to be able to install Flashtool driver in Windows 8 and Windows 10 then you should turn off the “signature driver enforcement” feature first. Check out the tutorial below.
- Download Sony FlashTool by Androxyde for Windows OS 8/10 and MAC -> Here
- Open startup (Windows logo) menu > Setting > Update and security > Recovery > Restart now. If you are confused you can also search the keyword “recovery” in the Windows Search field to make it easier.
- When the Start menu option has appeared select Troubleshoot > advance option > startup setting.
- Select “Disable driver signature enforcement” or you can also access it by pressing the button 7.
- If it is then the PC will restart automatically. Now you can already install Flashtool driver as usual
- For Flashtool and tutorial installation of Flashtool and drivers are the same with Windows 7 (check above).
- The difference lies only in the driver signature enforcement as the admin explained above.
How to install Sony Flashtool in PC/Laptop/Notebook Ubuntu Linux OS
- Download Sony FlashTool by Androxyde for Linux -> Here
- After the file is downloaded. Extract the file using an existing extractor. The extraction result is a Flashtool folder.
- Move the Flashtool folder to the home directory
- Open the terminal and input the following command
sudo cp /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-
Then continue with the command
sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/80-persistent-usb.rules
- After running the command above then the file will open. Then add the following line at the very bottom. If it is, save the file.
- Then install IA32-Libs via terminal. Run the following command to install it.
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
- Once IA32-libs is installed. Then the Flashtool is ready to use. How to run open Input Terminal command
- The Flastool will open. Now Buddy can use Flashtool to flashing Xperia in Ubuntu Linux.
So the tutorial how to install Sony Flashtool in Windows, Mac & Ubuntu. Hopefully this tutorial is useful and helps Buddy all. If you are still confused with the above tutorial please ask and comment in the column that has provided below.