Tutorial flashing Sony Mobile Xperia™ .FTF Firmware Using FlashTool
Preparations before flashing:
- Provide computer/Laptop/Notebook
- Download Sony FlashTool by Androxyde for Windows / Linux / Mac OS -> Here
- Read instructions how to install Sony Flashtool & USB Driver on a Windows/MAC/Linux PC -> Here
- Download Sony. FTF firmware that fits your device model -> here
- Make sure the battery charge is 40%
How To Flash .FTF Frimware : You can use this guide for unbricking, Repair firmware / IMEI, Remove Lock, unroot, update / downgrade firmware.
- Open Flashtool, the first time you open Flashtool make sure the Internet connection is active for the sync so that the firmware can be detected later, just for first time.
- Click the Lightning logo or the Flash logo on the top left corner. Then choose Flashmode.
- Click on the firmware (for example using Xperia Z3) Just click the small arrows until the build number appears and click on the build numbers.
- Tick all option wipe to clean flash. Other options ignore it only. Remember just ignore it. Then click Flash.
- Wait a minute, Flashtool set up the firmware for the flash. If a window already appears to plug in Xperia, turn it off and plug it in using a USB cable while holding down the volume down then the green LED will turn on. The flashing process will automatically run. Just wait until it finishes.
If there is already a “flash finished” in the log flashtool means flashing is complete. Unplug the USB cable and hopefully your phone is life normal again, enjoy 🙂