Rooting Samsung Galaxy A20
Support: SM-A205F/DS, SM-A205FN, SM-A205YN, SM-A205W, SM-A205U, SM-A205U1, SM-A205G
A. Prepare your boot image
- Download Latest version Magisk manager apk
- Download the official stock rom for your device from here
- Use 7zip file extractor here to copy AP_205xxx.md5 to download directory.
- Rename AP_205xxxxx.md5 to AP_205xxxx.tar and extract using 7zip
- Copy your boot.img.Iz4 to download directory and than extract (resulting in boot.img)
- Use magisk manager to patch your boot.img (must be use top install) result your magisk_patched.img
- Rename your magisk_patched.img to boot.img
- Use 7zip to compress your boot.img to boot.tar
- Copy your boot.tar to PC/Laptop
- On your Samsung Galaxy A20 phone developer options in settings -> unlock OEM and enable usb debugging
Note: (If using Linux PC
9. Don’t compress
10. install heimdall flash with
sudo apt install heimdall-flash, if you want front-end install it with
sudo apt install heimdall-flash-frontend)
B. Unlocking bootloader your Samsung Galaxy A20
- Backup data. It will be wiped.
- Turn off your phone
- Press hold volume – and volume + and than plug in power cable attached to your pc then release volume – to enter unlock screen.
- Follow the instructions to unlock (use volume + to select yes to confirm)
- Press power key to unlock bootloader your Samsung Galaxy A20
- Reboot your phone and re-activate developer options and enable usb debugging. Please don’t enter too much your data at this stage as you will lose it again later.
C. Flash boot image.
- Turn your phone on in bootloader (download) mode (Hold power button and volume+ to enter recovery mode and then select bootloader download mode)
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy A20 to computer.
- Use Odin3 Flashtool (Download here) in Windows to add boot.tar to your phone. (Select AP)
- Restart your phone
- select bootloader than select factory reset to wipe data
- Restart your phone
- install data
- install magisk manager apk
- If green, phone is rooted
- Of red select install/direct install
- Advanced tick both.
- Install root checker and verify root`
- If you want to remove the warning messages on the boot screen
The images shown on the A30 thread aren’t suitable for the A20 so we have included some better ones here.
- You can use this param.tar to make these changes easier.