Motorola Moto E is one of the most impressive budget Android smartphones, announced in 2015. The company has recently introduced the Moto E (2nd Gen) that comes with a few hardware changes. So if you have Moto E then we’ve some good news for you that the Moto E received an Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based AOSP (Android Open Source Project) custom ROM to give you a completely stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop experience. This ROM has been released just after the roll-out of Android 5.1 Lollipop by Google and can be considered as pure as stock AOSP version that has not much modifications like any additional features or mods and its performance is faster than other custom ROMs.
This ROM is working fine on both the single-SIM and dual-SIM variants of the phone in the custom release expect RIL on dual SIM variants only but still you can install this ROM on the Moto E to taste 5.1.1 Lollipop. Thus if you have the single-SIM variant then here is the best option for you to check out this AOSP ROM on your Moto E (Single-SIM). Many users have tested this ROM and found it smoother as compared to the CyanogenMod 12 and 12.1 ROMs. Since there are no major bugs in this pure AOSP custom ROM then it can be used as your daily driver.
This is a custom ROM which is developed by the third-party developers, not officially released by Motorola. You’ll need to have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP already installed on your Moto E in order to flash this pure AOSP based custom ROM and Google Apps zipped files. If you are ready to install this latest custom ROM on your device then follow the guide to upgrade your Moto E to AOSP ROM to get Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
I will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Moto E during or after the installation of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop AOSP based custom ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
This guide containing the AOSP based custom ROM is working with the Moto E (2nd Generation) model only. Do not try to install this firmwareon any other device or incorrect variant. Check the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About phone > Model number.
Just Available as :
Motorola Moto E (2nd Gen) 3G XT1506
Motorola Moto E (2nd Gen) 4G XT1521
Before Getting Started :
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Moto E by navigating toSettings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Moto E USB Drivers on the PC.
- The Moto E should be rooted with the latest version of custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your Moto E must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the phone is charged above 80%
- Download and put into SDcard file this …..
Size : 206 MB
Google Gapps For Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Size : …….
Steps to Install AOSP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM Your Moto E :
1. Power OFF the Moto E and then press and hold Volume Up+ Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time till the boot menu appears.
Note : You can useVolume Up button to highlight Recovery option, then press Volume Down to select the option.
2. While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note : Wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
3. Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sdcard.
4. Navigate to the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop AOSP ROM .zip filewhich you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file and confirm the installation to begin.
5. Install Google Apps on your device by repeating the above steps
6. Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now. your device will be rebooted and it may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
7. You’ve successfully updated your Moto E to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via AOSP custom ROM. Enjoy 🙂
Kernel Source :