Flashing LG Android SmartPhones Firmware using LG FlashTool 2014
- Download, Unpack & Install LG Flash Tool 2014.zip on Window computer
- Download and Install LG Mobile driver on Window computer
- Download and Install Visual C++ Runtime Library VC_reditinstaller.exe on Window computer
- Turn off your LG Smartphone to enter download mode
- Press the Volume Up (+) and Volume Down (-) and then connect your LG to Computer, so it will appear download mode on the LG screen.
- Run LG Flash Tool now, at [Select KDZ file] –> select the .kdz firmware has been downloaded. Then you can choose Normal Flash for Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error. Beware of boot loop when flashing rom that differ from current rom on your phone or Mod rom, or select CSE Flash if you want to downgrade or update aka LG factory reset and all data will be lost.
- Select Start to begin the flashing process
- No need to choose desired language, it automatically change to English as a default setting.
- Wait until the update process is complete, make sure the cable not disconnected from PC when the update process, to avoid things that are not desirable. If bootloop after the update, choose CSE Flash not to Normal Flash.
- This guide educational only, your action is your risk.
- Please backup your data before flashing
- 99% of the time FlashTool will FAIL after 85% anything after 85% is just your phone rebooting so your safe.
- Manual Getting into Emergency Mode (Download Mode)
From powered off,
Hold volume up and down and plug in USB.
and Select PhoneMode=EMERGENCY MODE on KDZ_Updater tool (To get out of e-mode, hold power button for 10 seconds, or pull battery.) PLEASE DO NOT DO WHILE FLASHING.