Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge allows you to open a whole new world of possibilities that you can do with your phone. The two majors benefits with root access is that you have the option to install custom ROMS like CM12 and Paranoid Android. Not only that, but you also have the option to use root apps like Titanium Backup and Greenify!!
Remember, you can always unroot your Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge simply by following this guide, allowing you to restore it just like the day you first bought the phone. AT&T SM-G920A, AT&T SM-G925A, Verizon SM-G920V, Verizon SM-G925V Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge users follow this root guide!!
Supported Samsung Galaxy S6 Variants:
US Cellular SM-G920R4
International SM-G920F / SM-G920I
Korean SM-G920L / SM-G920S / SM-G920K
Supported Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Variants:
US Cellular SM-G925R4
International SM-G925F / SM-G925I
Korean SM-G925L / SM-G925S / SM-G925K
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge is a pretty simple and straight forward process, just follow the guide below to get started!
1. Plug in your phone via microUSB to your computer.
2. Download and transfer UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip to your phone using the download link below. Just transfer the zip file, DO NOT unzip it!
Size : 3.83 MB
3. Enter into Download Mode. Power off your phone and then press and hold the power button, volume down, and home button all at the same time.
4. You should “Warning” on the screen.
5. Press the volume up and you should now see “Downloading…”
6. Download Odin3_v3.10.6.zip and TWRP Recovery file using the download links below.
Size : 2.06 MB
Note: TWRP Recovery is NOT available for AT&T and Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge yet
TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S6!.
Model Number Support : T-Mobile SM-G920T, US Cellular SM-G920R4, International SM-G920F, International SM-G920I, Canadian SM-G920W8, Korean LG Uplus SM-G920L, Korean SK Telecom SM-G920S, Korean KT SM-G920K
Size : 25.45 MB
Model Number Support : Sprint SM-G920P
Size : 25.12 MB
TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge!
Model Number Support : T-Mobile SM-G925T, US Cellular SM-G925R4, International SM-G925F, International SM-G925I, Canadian SM-G925W8, Korean LG Uplus SM-G925L, Korean SK Telecom SM-G925S, Korean KT SM-G925K
Size : 25.19 MB
Model Number Support : Sprint SM-G925P and Chinese SM-G9250
Size : 26,4 MB
7. Unzip Odin3_v3.10.6.zip and open Odin3 v3.10.6.exe.
8. With your phone still plugged into your computer. You should see a blue box on the left side of Odin that reads something similar to “0:[COM15]”. If you don’t then download and install the Samsung USB drivers and unplug and plug your phone back in.
Samsung USB drivers
Size : 26,4 MB
9. Now click on AP and locate and select the TWRP Recovery TAR file you downloaded in step 6.
10. Click on “Start” and the process will begin. This will only take a few minutes.
11. You will now see “PASS!” on Odin. IMMEDIATELY AFTER press and hold the volume up, homebutton, and power button all at the same time.
12. You will now be entered into TWRP Recovery.
13. Select “Install” > find and select “UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip” > swipe your finger to install the SuperSU zip file.
14. Now select “Reboot System”. If TWRP Recovery asks you to disable overwriting, allow it. You are now rooted with TWRP custom recovery installed on your Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge!
15. You will see an app called SuperSU in your app drawer. Open it and if it asks you to update binary, allow it. You can confirm that your Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge is rooted by using an app like Root Checker.