Preparation before rooting : - A computer running MS Windows (I don't try using a VM in GNU/Linux but it should work) - Download and install Oppo R7 Plus Driver & Root Tool. Adb drivers related to your device up and runing on your computer. My MS Windows 7 64 bits doesn't found.
Oppo R7 Plus USB Driver
File size : 8 MB
vRoot Master Tools.Exe
File size : 6 MB
Warning : You should know what you do when you’re rooting your phone. Root gives some apps high privileges on your device and some should use it in a bad way. I’m not responsible about anything that could happen to your device using this method or the way you use root privileges.
Let’s go rooting Oppo R7 Plus ColorOS 2.1 :
- Enable “USB debugging mode” on your device: You could find it in “Developer options”. You have to unlock this option if it’s unavalaible by tapping 7 times the “Version number” under “About Phone”.
2. Launch “Vroot” on your computer
3. Plug your device up and running on your computer
4. A button labelled “ROOT” should appears in “Vroot” app in the lower rigth corner : click it and wait
5. Appear under the map interface, please wait ROOT complete
6. When rebooted, go to the Play Store and install Chainfire’s “SuperSU” app
7. Launch “SuperSU” : a Chinese dialog box appears : click on the right button to allow root privilieges to “SuperSU”
8. Find and use the “Uninstall other root apps” in “SuperSU” settings to remove the “Vroot” Chinese root app.
Points 6 to 8 are not mandatory but I prefer “SupersU” and can’t read Chinese language so it’s a pain for me to use the “Vroot” app.